In the 12th century small oil lamps called “Cesendei” were used to light up the Venetian dark streets. However, they weren’t enough to illuminate all the areas. It is for this reason that the figure of “Còdega” was born: a person that holding a lamp guided passers-by to their home safely.
In 1732 the turning point came: the government of Venice decreed that the City had to be illuminated with 843 “Ferai” and the “Bollegheri” were the people in charge for their lighting. From this suggestive historic journey of Venetian lighting the new collection “Ferai” takes its inspiration. A collection consisted of pendant, table, floor and wall lamps.
A marriage of geometries, refined color shades and finishing harking back to the typical archetypes of the Murano tradition.